Official Rules for the Her Universe Fashion Show Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
ALL ENTRANTS (OR THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR) AGREE TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S (OR ELIGIBLE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S) INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to (i) legal residents of the United States who reach the age of 16 or older by the Sweepstakes start date* , and (ii) who attend and receive a wristband (“Wristband”) at the Her Universe Fashion Show held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego (1 Market Place, San Diego, California 92101) on July 20, 2023 (the “Fashion Show”). Employees of HU Merchandising, LLC (“Sponsor”), and its affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. Employees of The Disney Entities (defined as Disney Consumer Products, Inc., Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, The Walt Disney Company, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions) are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 6:00 PM Pacific Time on July 20, 2023, and ends at 8:30 PM Pacific Time on July 20, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Wristbands received by Fashion Show attendees before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Entry Period, you must attend the Fashion Show and receive a Wristband with a unique identifying number (“Wristband Number”). There is a limit of one (1) entry per Wristband Number. You may not use an agency to enter, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such method, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. By entering, you (or your parent or legal guardian, if a minor in your state of primary residency) indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Drawing: On July 20, 2023 beginning or on around 6 PM Pacific Time until the Fashion Show ends, Sponsor will select fifteen (15) winners in a random drawing of all Wristband Numbers. Each winner must be physically present during the Fashion Show to claim their prize when announced. If any winner is not physically present at the Fashion Show during the drawing of prizes and does not claim his/her/their winning prize within five (5) minutes of the announcement of that winner’s Wristband Number, Sponsor may choose up to one (1) alternate winner in a random drawing of all remaining Wristband Numbers. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible Fashion Show attendees with valid Wristband Numbers. Only one (1) prize per winner is permitted.
- Potential Winner Requirements: Winners must pick up their prize after the Fashion Show at a desginated area to be announced during the Fashion Show. If any winner fails to pick up his/her/their prize, the prize will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be chosen. If a winner is a minor in his/her/their jurisdiction, then a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize. A potential winner will be required to provide a valid driver's license or valid government issued photo identification card to confirm eligibility. If the winner is a minor, then the potential minor winner must provide his/her/their parent or legal guardian's valid driver's license or valid government issued photo identification card. If applicable, a prize won by a minor may be awarded in the name of the minor's parent or legal guardian, as determined by Sponsor. Except where prohibited, any potential winner (or a potential minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release to receive the prize.
- Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded: One (1) winner will receive one (1) standard two bedroom villa room (for a maximum of eight (8) persons) for three (3) nights at Villas at Disneyland Hotel (“Villa Stay”) (ARV approximately $5,874 USD)*, Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber signed by Ashley Eckstein (ARV $349.99 USD each), One (1) winner will receive a Ahsoka Tano Figure (ARV $260 USD), One (1) winner will receive one (1) Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity Stones Set (ARV $99.99), One (1) winner will receive one (1) Captain Carter Shield (ARV $400 USD), One (1) winner will receive one (1) Black Panther Figure (ARV $620 USD), One (1) winner will receive one (1) Mickey Mouse Tailor Figure (ARV $295 USD), One (1) winner will receive one (1) Ahsoka Tano Print (ARV $360 USD), One (1) winner will receive a voucher for two (2) tickets to see Disney’s The Lion King on Broadway and assorted Disney on Broadway merchandise and collectibles (ARV approximately $500 USD), One (1) winner will receive a voucher for two (2) tickets to see Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway and assorted Disney on Broadway merchandise and collectibles (ARV approximately $500 USD), Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) D23 Gold Membership and prize pack (ARV $200 USD each), and One (1) winner will receive one (1) VIP Bag including assorted Disney products and one (1) Minnie Mouse luggage set (ARV $500 USD). *Transportation, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, tips, telephone calls, services charges, and taxes are not included as a part of the Villa Stay. The winner must use the Villa Stay between October 1, 2023 and September 1, 2024 otherwise the Villa Stay prize will be forfeited. The Villa Stay must be booked by July 1, 2024 at the latest. Block out dates are November 22-26, 2023, December 22-December 31, 2024, and March 11-15, 2024. Certain restrictions and other block-out dates may apply. All accommodations are subject to availability. The Villa Stay may only accommodate the winner and up to seven (7) guests. The Villa Stay cannot be sold, transferred, traded, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period as stated above, or refunded. The Villa Stay is not redeemable for cash. The total Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes totals $10,708.97 USD. The winners are each responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred prior to award and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible Wristband Numbers distributed up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of a Wristband Number, the Wristband must be securely fastened to the winner’s wrist and show no evidence of tampering. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. These Official Rules will prevail and control over all shortened versions of these Official Rules found elsewhere. Sponsor shall have the right to interpret and apply these Official Rules to individual circumstances in its reasonable discretion.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you (or your parent or legal guardian, if an eligible minor) agree to release Sponsor and The Disney Entities, and their parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors that may affect the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action Waiver: THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. YOU (OR YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS, DISAGREEMENTS, DISPUTES, OR CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR (AND ANY OTHER RELEASED PARTY), AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND/OR RELATED COMPANIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY AWARDS, PRIZES OR OTHER BENEFITS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR TO THE APPLICATION, ENFORCEABILITY, SCOPE, OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE (“DISPUTES”) SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. ALL DISPUTES SHALL BE DETERMINED BY BINDING ARBITRATION: (1) ADMINISTERED BY THE JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC. (“JAMS”), PURSUANT TO THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES & PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2021 (THE “JAMS RULES”), AND AS MODIFIED BY THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE; (2) CONDUCTED BY A SINGLE, NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR; AND (3) TAKE PLACE TELEPHONICALLY UNLESS AN IN-PERSON HEARING IS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY EITHER PARTY, IN SUCH CASE IN-PERSON HEARINGS SHALL TAKE PLACE AT A MUTUALLY AGREED UPON LOCATION, OR IF THE PARTIES CANNOT MUTUALLY AGREE UPON A LOCATION, THE COUNTY WHERE YOU RESIDE. TO THE EXTENT THAT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE CONFLICTS WITH THE JAMS POLICY ON CONSUMER ARBITRATIONS PURSUANT TO PRE-DISPUTE CLAUSES MINIMUM STANDARDS OF PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS (THE “MINIMUM STANDARDS”), THE MINIMUM STANDARD IN THAT REGARD WILL APPLY. DISPUTES MAY ALSO BE REFERRED TO ANOTHER ARBITRATION ORGANIZATION IF YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE IN WRITING, OR TO AN ARBITRATOR APPOINTED PURSUANT TO SECTION 5 OF THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT. The JAMS Rules are available on its website at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/ or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. To commence an arbitration, a Demand for Arbitration is required to be executed and served on Sponsor. Service of the Demand for Arbitration on Sponsor can be mailed to Hot Topic, Inc., ATTN: Hot Topic Legal Department, 18305 E. San Jose Ave., City of Industry, CA 91748, pursuant to the instructions provided by JAMS to submit a Dispute for arbitration. BECAUSE THE SWEEPSTAKES PROVIDED TO YOU BY SPONSOR CONCERNS INTERSTATE COMMERCE, THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT ("FAA") GOVERNS THE ARBITRABILITY OF ALL DISPUTES. HOWEVER, APPLICABLE CALIFORNIA STATE OR U.S. FEDERAL LAW MAY ALSO APPLY TO THE SUBSTANCE OF ANY DISPUTES. YOU (OR YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AND SPONSOR VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU OR SPONSOR HAVE TO A JURY TRIAL. NO CLASS ACTIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU (AND YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. NEITHER YOU (NOR YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) NOR SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER ENTRANTS/CONSUMERS, OR ARBITRATE ANY DISPUTE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. Further, unless both you (and your parent or legal guardian) and Sponsor expressly agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claim. If this prohibition of class, representative, or consolidated arbitration is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. In the event you commence arbitration, after Sponsor receives notice that you have initiated arbitration, Sponsor will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee and Sponsor will pay any case management fees associated with the arbitration and the professional fees for the arbitrator’s services.
- Winner’s List: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Her Universe, Attention: Marketing, 18305 E. San Jose Ave., City of Industry, California 91748. Requests must be received by July 20, 2024.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by HU Merchandising, LLC, located at 18305 E. San Jose Ave., City of Industry, California 91748. This Sweepstakes is not affiliated with Comic-Con International: San Diego. The Disney Entities are not sponsors, co-sponsors, or administrators of this Sweepstakes..